Learn more about all payment options available at IRCTC for booking tickets.
- No charges if you pay by Netbanking of IDBI, PNB, Federal
Bank, Indusind Bank and Bank of Baroda. Not to remind you about
pathetic online access experience of PNB.
- Even if your bank is not listed you can use your Debit Card
online. More about this on Payment Facilities at IRCTC. In fact
if you pay by debit card it could be free(in case of Yes Bank)
or cost Rs. 10 ( including service tax). In that case you save
- For small amounts it is advisable to pay by credit card
where bank transaction charges are 1.8% or so. That means if you
book ticket of Rs. 555 then @1.8% you pay total charges of Rs.
- Cash cards could cost less for low amount tickets but
remember if you lose the card you lose the money in it.
- In case of Credit/Debit cards you can use any banks payment
gateway except for cards issued by American Express &
Diners Club. That means you can use your HDFC Bank debit card
using Citi gateway.
- Which is the fastest way to pay? I'd say using
SBI's netbanking could be the best and fastest way to
- Remember these charges are beyond IRCTC charges and can also be called as commission earned by banks or payment channels which IRCTC has nothing to do with.
Click on the payment channel below to see it's charges,