Here is the list of 9 Photo id cards which are allowed while traveling in train with tickets.
- Voter Photo id card issued by Election Commission
- Unique Identification Card "Aadhaar"
- Credit Cards issued by Banks with laminated photograph
- PSU Bank passbook with photograph
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by recognized School/ College for their students
- Photo identity card having serial number issued by Central/ State Government
- Driving Licence issued by RTO
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department.
Which is easiest to get?
PSU Bank passbook is easiest. Just open an account in SBI, it takes only around 1 hour and Rs. 1000 deposit to get a passbook. When you visit a bank to open account carry this:
Follow these four simple steps:
- Collect an account opening form from a branch or download it by pressing the Download button below:
- Visit an SBI branch of with two passport size photographs
- Carry ID proof & address proof. Try to take your PAN card for ID proof.
- Get an introduction letter from a respectable person or a customer of the branch who is known to you.
- Carry Rs. 1000 cash or a blank cheque of value Rs. 1000.
ID Proofs to avoid traveling with
Carry passport only in extreme situation. If lost then it could seriously jeopardize your future Visa or foreign travel. All others except for Election id card can be issued easily.